Thursday, June 5, 2008

Krishna was from Mathura or Manhattan?

My first rainy season India after four year. if it is to be believed what is said then rain brings fortune to the farmers but would it change my fate. I can just hope that it will wash out my problems. I recently spoke to a friends of mine. she is married and currently based in London for work. and surprisingly alone. yes her Hubby is right here in Mumbai. strangely I could not accept that fact because she is raised in a Gujarati family and even married of at early age because of her parents will. I kept questioning her hows this possible. " how did her in laws allowed her to go of to another country all on her own within first year of her marriage". was it her boldness? or her in laws open mind? or whatever maybe the reason. it shook my belief of conservative Gujarati parents. have we been to fast to judge our Gujarati girl-friends as a part of orthodox, 8pm deadline family? if you look at it there are many who even go abroad to study.I was surprised to see the change I have seen in some of my friends after marriage. some didn't choose to stay in contact. some use to attend our fortnightly friendly meeting tagged with their better halves. but what was it about prior to marriage and us(the guys)? why was it a big deal for a girl to stay out till 8 pm for dinner or taking permission for a disc would run a chill through their spine? are we the vicious demons for her parents? in a country where lord Krishna was allowed to flirt with not one but so many gopis at the the age of 13. we at 21 seem to be the real ravana of the 21st century?

No comments:

Post a Comment